The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Scholarship Board is now offering the 2018/2019 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas.
Course Level: The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
• Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
• Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu. before 15th February, 2018.
• Complete the application form online
• Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues):
North West: Location of interview is Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi
- Mon 19th Feb: Kano and Jigawa states
- Tues 20th Feb: Kaduna and Katsina states
- Wed 21st Feb: Sokoto and Zamfara states
- Thurs 22nd Feb: Kebbi state
North East: Location of interview is Govt Girls’ Sec Schl, Damaturu
- Mon 19th Feb: Taraba and Adamawa states
- Tues 20th Feb: Bauchi and Gombe states
- Wed 21st Feb: Borno state
- Thurs 22nd Feb: Yobe state
North Central: FGBC Apo, FCT
- Mon 19th Feb: Kogi and Kwara states
- Tues 20th Feb: Benue and Plateau states
- Wed 21st Feb: Nassarawa and Niger states
- Thurs 22nd Feb: FCT
South West: FSTC Yaba, Lagos
- Mon 19th Feb: Ondo and Osun states
- Tues 20th Feb: Oyo and Ogun states
- Wed 21st Feb: Ekiti state
- Thurs 22nd Feb: Lagos
South South: BDGS, Bayelsa, Yenogoa
- Mon 19th Feb: Cross River and River states
- Tues 20th Feb: Akwaibom and Edo states
- Wed 21st Feb: Delta state
- Thurs 22nd Feb: Bayelsa state
South East: FGGC Owerri, Imo state
- Mon 19th Feb: Abia and Enugu state
- Tues 20th Feb: Anambra state
- Wed 21st Feb: Ebonyi state
- Thurs 22nd Feb: Imo state
What to bring to Interview: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed, Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only ONE certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only for undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
Method of Application: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports &
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The BEA interviews are between Monday 19th February – Thursday 22nd February 2018 across the six geopolitical zones. Candidates are advised to apply online before these dates.